MADE.com and The Story of My Home

A few months ago, I was approached by Made.com to take part in a Home Tour for their Made Unboxed platform that shows Made products in real homes. They wanted to come interview me and film my home. As soon as I saw the other beautiful videos they had created – I knew I had to say yes. I have hardly if ever seen videos of homes shot so lyrically as though they were a magazine editorial come to life – poetic details, glimpses through windows, the sheen of a beautiful tile – the sequences really captured the essence of an interior.


I have had a few opportunities speaking in front of a camera and for the most part the experiences have bought me out in a cold sweat – it’s one thing having a casual conversation with someone and another feeling like every word you say counts as you stare down the lens of running camera. But i believe that you only grow if you take on challenges that you dread and I knew I needed to conquer this one because practice makes perfect.

I was nervous but the team put a lot of research into my backstory – interviewing me over email, phone and in person to really draw out what my home meant to me – India, my grandmother, my heritage and a haven for my child and family. I’ve taken part in a lot of interviews and photoshoots and as in most industries its a lot of smoke and mirrors to make things look and sound a certain way – but this experience was so personal and captured exactly the soul of my home – it’s going to be something I treasure forever. I hope you all like it as much as I do. Thanks for the opportunity Made.com.

You can view the whole video above and the full feature and my decorating tips over here.

 


via The Beat That My Heart Skipped
Share on Google Plus

About Decoration de la Maison

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.


Home & Garden Bestsellers