Last year, Etsy launched a campaign called #DifferenceMakesUs in celebration of the personal, sweet differences that makes us all so unique and which serves to unite us.
I like how they sum it up, “Difference makes us. Life is beautiful, not because of our similarities, but because of our differences. It’s our mission to celebrate those differences.” So true! Part of the celebration of this campaign is how our bedside table looks since Etsy believes every personality has a quite unique style, different accessories, lighting, etc. which shows the taste and lifestyle of the person who sleeps in that space. No two bedside tables are alike, even in a shared bed – my husband has different things on his bedside table – right down to his lamp!
Etsy asked me if I wanted to show my bedside table so I agreed and so, here it it is. BUT. They asked me to shop Etsy for some items that I thought could be used to spruce it up and then, we’d offer ALL of the products in a contest on my Instagram (you can enter on Instagram.com/decor8 or @decor8 from your app) for one lucky winner. This is a value of €275.00 (not including what you would have paid for shipping) AND you get a bonus of 3 extra cups NOT shown on my bedside table. What???? Yup. You heard me right!
What did I pick from Etsy?
1. Ceramic black and white vase from 1220 Ceramics Studio (€34.06)
2. 4 Cups from 1220 Ceramics Studio (I use one for tea, the others are in the kitchen on my shelf, €66.18)
3. Ceramic flowers (3) from Lysa Creation Design on the wall near my prints and the handprints of my son (€80)
4. Candle that smells like leather and wood from Kaoriko Paris, Portofino in Copper with Soy Wax (€45)
5. Concrete Tray from Trend Bolt (sorry, cup wasn’t included in shipment, €49)
8 Ways To Decorate Your Bedside Table:
- Use any table, chair, bench, dresser… Anything you like that looks good next to your bed and is not too high. Test first by laying in bed and reach over to the table to see if it’s too high. If you have to stretch too high or if it’s not feeling practical in any way, it’s not the right table.
- What are your storage needs? I don’t need much near my bed, a few private things and a few books. So the private things are in the box on my bedside table (beneath the lamp) and the basket below is where I store other things by mainly books and magazines.
- Take the decor up from the table to the wall. I like to create something that flows down from the wall to the table. Some people like to hang art work directly above their bedside table OR hang a pendant or a wall light. I always feel like there needs to be a little something above the bedside table, even if not DIRECTLY above it. Makes the bedroom feel more cozy.
- Flowers. Always. They don’t have to be expensive. Or a plant. Also a beautiful, natural piece to add to a bedside table. I love flowers because I can change them often enough to give the bedside table a new look. Tulips, daffodils, sprigs of eucalyptus, pussy willows, roses – the entire look changes with the addition of different flowers.
- Vase. I have to have a vase for the flowers! I also like to keep it empty sometimes because this vase is pretty enough to stand on it’s own.
- Lamp. A good lamp to read by, I like the wooden one I have… But also I like that it’s not a typical-looking bedside table lamp with a big shade and ceramic base. It’s fun to have something quirky in a bedroom that you may expect on a work desk or credenza, for instance. There are no rules, as long as the light shines in the right spot for reading and fits your style.
- Candle. Always a scented candle. In the winter, I like wood and leather or something that smells like a fresh walk in a snowy forest. In summer, I go with Grapefruit or Rose, or something more sensual. Candlelight is relaxing and romantic, too.
- Tray. I love a tray to catch things like a pen, bookmark, remote control (if you have a TV in your room, we do not), wireless speaker remote (which we do have), etc.
Items also shown, not from Etsy include:
1. White Rectangle Table is from Bloomingville (It’s a kids table but I use it for my bedside since the height and width are perfect)
2. Basket beneath for books and magazines from Bitte
3. Wall art (except hand prints) from Minted.com
4. Wood Lamp from Muuto
5. Chelsea Bed from Fashion For Home
6. Velvet quilt from Pine Cone Hill
7. Large Euro cushion from Pine Come Hill
8. Paper box “Joe” on table from Atelier Sukha.
Thank you Etsy for including me in this fun campaign!
(Photography/Styling: Holly Becker)
The post 8 Ways To Decorate Your Bedside Table + Win $300 in Etsy Products! appeared first on decor8.