Details on Our Floating Kitchen Shelves

Details on Our Floating Kitchen Shelves

Since posting the video last week on how I like to style our open kitchen shelving, I’ve gotten several questions about the shelves themselves. I love the concept of (some) floating shelves for everyday, easy-to-reach dinnerware and glasses. Here are the specifics on how we placed them and how I added an inexpensive touch of gold to tie them in with the rest of our kitchen.

 

Our contractor built the shelves to our specifications and mounted them with two steel rods that run through each of them. So far, they have managed to withstand the constant slamming of the door that leads to the garage. I listed measurements below and for reference, our ceilings are 8 feet tall. (Also, we used 12×3” subway tiles. More on that later. . .)

To finish them off, I bought L brackets that you can find at your local hardware store and had our contractor apply them to the edges for me. I brushed them with gold paint (I picked up a small pot at Michael’s) to give them a campaign-style look and to tie them in with our hardware and lighting.

And, can you believe I finally have pictures of our entire kitchen? Working on pulling together sources now so that I can put everything together in one post.

 

Images 1 & 3 by Tanglebriar Photography.

The post Details on Our Floating Kitchen Shelves appeared first on Emily A. Clark.


via Emily A. Clark
Share on Google Plus

About Decoration de la Maison

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.


Home & Garden Bestsellers