~virtual cookie exchange!~

Turn on your ovens friends, because you are in for a treat!
How does a little virtual cookie exchange sound?
 I am teaming up with a really great group of friends to bring you our FAVORITE cookie recipes.

The cookie recipe I am sharing today is my favorite and it's a family recipe. In fact, it was my grandmothers recipe, passed down to my mom, then to me.
Our family loves these and they turn out perfect every time. 
We love them so much that we make them year round.
Your house will smell amazing and you will be making these for years to come, I just know it!


Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Bring 3 sticks butter to room temperature.

This is important. Do not melt it in the microwave as the texture of the cookies will not turn out.

In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, whip the butter. 
Slowly add in 2 cups granulated sugar, followed by 2 eggs.


In a separate bowl, combine 4 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons of baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground cloves, and 2 teaspoons ground ginger.

Slowly add to the mixer and mix until incorporated, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl.
Roll into balls and then roll through a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
I don't have a measurement for this, I just add a few Tablespoons cinnamon to a cup or two of sugar.

Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for approx. 8-10 min.
I do 9 minutes and make my cookies pretty big.
When you take them out they will look a little undercooked.
Let them sit on the cookies sheet for 5 minutes to cool before transferring them to a wire rack.


They turn out all crinkly and cute looking, and you will love them!

Take a look below to see all the other delicious treats, and happy holidays!





via My Sweet Savannah
Share on Google Plus

About Decoration de la Maison

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.


Home & Garden Bestsellers