8 Questions Future Architecture Students Should Ask When Choosing Their Schools

Samantha Raburn is a newly licensed architect at Stantec Architecture in Plano, Texas. Her blog, The Aspiring Architect, recounts her journey to become qualified and acts as an insightful guide to all those following a similar path into the profession. Choosing what university to go to is tough — especially when you choose architecture as your major. It’s an important decision, and it will be a large investment of both your time and money. I recently started to think about the questions I should have asked to help make my decision before choosing my program. I still love my college and the architecture program I graduated from, but reflecting on the subject led me to writing this list for those trying to answer this question now … 1. Are you slightly interested in another major? A lot of programs work closely with another major. For example, my program worked closely with our interior design program. We were in the same building, shared the same teachers and had quite a few classes together. It made it very easy for us to get a minor in interior design and vice versa for them. I also know of a few programs that work ...
more on Architizer
Share on Google Plus

About Decoration de la Maison

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.


Home & Garden Bestsellers